[TenTec] omni v short dits

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sat Jul 24 19:53:23 EDT 2004

Don,

That's  interesting. But I can't quite understand what adding delay via
keying compensation does for the radio?

Reason it's puzzeling is in test I've done this week, I found the Omni 6 has
a 12ms delay from the keying input signal's transition to the leading edge
of the RF output waveform. The Omni 6 Plus has an 18ms delay. The Orion has
a varying delay from 18ms to 25ms that changes with each generated
character.

Do you know how keying compensation supports  or helps the keying of the
Paragon?

Thanks,

Tom - W4BQF