[TenTec] Orion vs. RX-340 TT Rcvrs.

Carl Moreschi n4py at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 23 13:41:39 EST 2004

The rating is very misleading for the rx340.  The DSP AGC has a 60 DB limit
because of the DSP chip that was used in this receiver.  The only thing that
happens when closed spaced signals are in the 20 khz roofing filter is some
quieting on the weakest signal in the roofing filter passband if the weakest
signal is more than 60 db down form the strongest signal.  But the frontend
on this receiver is very strong and the IP3 point is very high.  The
receiver really performs better than the Orion for a lot of things.  There
are a lot more specs of high importance besides close in dynamic range.

There is no com

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC