[TenTec] Corsair II question on filters

Jim Larsen - AL7FS JimLarsen2002 at alaska.net
Sat Mar 27 17:30:13 EST 2004

I just acquired a Corsair II but have no manual yet (and they are expensive).
  My question:

The radio appears to have four filter slots on the horizontal board and there
is one in a vertical position above it.

The horizontal filters are (viewing over the front panel) left to right,

On left,
Position 1, unidentifiable 8 Pole filter
Position 2 - empty - As there are 3 filter positions on the front panel, is
this one of the three?
Position 3 - 285 - 500 Hz 6 Pole Ladder Filter, 6.3 MHz I-F
Position 3 - 282 - 250 Hz 6 Pole Ladder Filter, 6.3 MHz I-F

The vertical filter is a 220 - 2.4 kHz 8 Pole Ladder Filter, 9 MHz

I may or may not keep the radio and may sell the filters separately if the
buyer of the Corsair II does not wish to buy them.

Which filters must stay with the radio?  I would say for sure the 285 and 282
can go.  The 220 filter, I am not sure.  Is it needed for SSB or just the
unidentified filter?  The unidentifiable filter, I am not sure.  My goal is to
identify what filters make up a stock radio.

Can someone shed some light on these last two filters for me?

Thank you.

73, Jim
--
Jim Larsen, AL7FS