[TenTec] Yaesu FL-7000 to Orion

Don kd6hq at sonic.net
Tue May 18 17:21:35 EDT 2004

Rick

Thanks for the web page address.  I looked at this product earlier and although I think it would work.  I also
think it's a little overkill.  The Yaesu FL-700 is capable of automatically switching one of 4 antennas depending
on how you have programmed the memory in the amplifier.  So the only thing I really need is to band switch the
amplifier and I can do that one of two ways.  I can reach up and push the button for the proper band or I can
purchase a device such as the TopTen BDencoder.  Well for the list price of the TopTen unit I can push that
button a lot of times.  (I just love being Scottish).  Who knows maybe I'll change my mind the first time I
forget to change the band in a contest.

73's

Don