[TenTec] Sweep display freezing on Orion

Martin Ewing martin at aa6e.net
Mon Sep 6 15:13:01 EDT 2004

Hey folks, let's have a little respect.

Eric may have had his Orion for only a couple of days, but he is
reporting some glitches of the kind that many of us "old hands" (like me
at 6 months) have observed. Yes, maybe he'll learn to overlook the rough
edges after a while, as a lot of us have.

I am learning that hams have very different tolerance levels for
transceiver bugs (or "features"). Some people are wowed by the RF
performance and don't mind if they have to "reboot" the rig every once
in a while, and things don't always work as advertised. Others feel that
if they pay a premium price, they ought to get premium fit and finish,
not "a work in progress". Is the glass half full or half empty?

Anyway, I don't see Eric's review as reckless, but I'm not sure about
some of the responses!

-73, Martin, AA6E