[TenTec] Favorite Headphones

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Thu Dec 22 22:49:22 EST 2005

I do not own an Orion. I do use headphones with my Omni VI. I used to
use Heil BM-10 phones, which are nice for lightweight phones that do not
block outside noise. I bought some Koss QZ-99, from AES I think. They
are similar to the old standby Pro-4A (which Koss still carries a
version of called Pro-4AA) but are lighter, and are more suited for
communciations than hifi audio. They keep out the noise of the amplifier
blower and QSK vacuum relay, and they stay on my head better than the
lightweight phones. I have not had a problem with my ears getting sweaty
in them, as one person complained of full ear covering phones. The
humidity and temperature here (Hilo)  is higher than a lot of places.
Maybe there is just not as much going on between the phones to heat them up.

DE N6KB