[TenTec] Orion Filters

K4IA@aol.com K4IA at aol.com
Thu Jul 28 12:36:24 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/28/2005 12:08:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
aldermant at alltel.net writes:

if you  removed (or moved) the Orion stock 1.8kc filter,
moved the Orion stock 1.0  kc filter into the 1.8 kc slot, and then
installed the Inrad 600 hz 4-pole  filter in the Orion's 1.0 kc slot,
you would improve the close-in test  results.

I am using the INRAD 600 in the 1KC slot but I never thought to move the  1KC
filter into the 1.8 slot.  Won't that restrict the bandwidth on SSB too
much?  Or are the roofing filter skirts so wide, you wouldn't notice?

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA