[TenTec] Orion Filters

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Thu Jul 28 23:23:34 EDT 2005

Yes Buck, I think it would restrict SSB operation to the point in
would be very unsatisfactory. But of course filter selection and
where you install them should be determined only by how the
individual operates their station. 'Corse, too, if you chose to
remove the 1.8 kc filter so you would have a 600 hz and then a 1 kc
filter for CW, you would still have the 2.5 kc (?) filter for SSB. Or
you could bias your filter selection in the other direction if you so
choose. To me, that's the beauty of the implementation of roofing
filter selection in the Orion.

Tommy - W4BQF