[TenTec] TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5

Thu Dec 13 12:47:32 EST 2007

I think Bob makes some good points.  I for one had to deal with software
issues in other non-Tentec products and as one that served in a customer
support role for a company that made hardware that was largely dependant on
software, I have somewhat of a customer expectations clue when frustrations
arise.

I've found that many users define "bugs" as those that cause a system to
lock-up, crash, fail, or simply become non-functional.  Then there's others
that define "bugs" as operational modes or methods that do not perform in a
manner to which "they wish" they would perform.  There's major differences
in the way companies respond to these two types of issues.  One is "a must
fix" approach and the other is a "wish list" approach.  Be sure that you
express your "bugs" in the correct level of intensity.

My personal experience with Tentec is that they do respond to the "must fix"
type of bugs quite promptly.  Sometimes within hours.  The "wish list" is
exactly that and will typically be implemented as time, manpower and future
releases and demands for the items surface.  It is indeed a delight to see a
programmer for a company appear with one to one dialogue within a discussion
group.  I don't recall seeing this with the other companies.  So, what makes
Tentec different?  Customer service and technical support along with some of
the best products on the ham bands.  No, they are not perfect, neither are
the other companies products and software.

73
Bob, K4TAX