[TenTec] bill orr article

waltk8cv4612amos at att.net waltk8cv4612amos at att.net
Sun Feb 1 15:56:50 EST 2009

Open wire through GLASS ........... now there's an OXYMORON :-)

Get tape and a carbide tipped drill bit ! I used 1/ 16 I think.

Water on the bit and drill the tape marked spot on the glass at about the
ladder line spacing.

Feed #18 tined wire through the window and solder the open wire to it inside
and outside.

Find a way to tie off the outside open wire to take the strain off the
glass. I tied off to a metal clothes pole with a couple of strings, leave a
drip loop too. I use a knife switch inside to ground the mess. Yes, there
are other ways but this has worked well for me. I think MFJ has a panel you
can shut the window on. Might work too ?

Walt K8CV Royal Oak, MI.