[TenTec] HInts for troubleshooting an OMNI D

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Thu Feb 5 12:15:19 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 07:46 +0000, Dave Lawley wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've come across this old posting from 2005, and my Omni D has the same
> trouble on 80m only. Before I go ahead and order a new crystal, can
> anyone confirm that this is indeed the cause of the problem?
>
> Many thanks, Dave G4BUO

I won't say it couldn't be the crystal, but I'd suspect bandswitch and
cable connections before I'd suspect the crystal. A quarter drop of
Cramolin DeoxIT on each can work miracles. See if just exercising the
bandswitch helps to make a temporary cure. Then I'd also suspect a bad
solder connection on the oscillator mixer board in the 80 meter section.

73, Jerry, K0CQ