[TenTec] Omni VI+, VII, or Orion for next rig. Can't decide

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Thu Nov 10 17:58:41 PST 2011

Serious novice question:

Does all this close-in-third-order-intercept / up-conversion stuff
matter more to CW than to SSB ?

Seems to me it would because of the narrow bandwidth you are using with
CW.  I mean, if a guy crowds you on SSB, you narrow your filters, shift
the band pass, play with the notch, and all that jazz... but on SSB you
have some room to move, some bandwidth to give up as you notch a tone
out or shift away from the offending signal overlapping your intended
range.... but on CW, you are already narrowed down and have nowhere to
go, so either the rig discriminates, or it does not, and if not, there
there is no more room to move, and... I suppose... therein lies the rub.

Does this make sense?