[TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds and balanced fed verticals

Carl Moreschi n4py2 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 26 05:43:10 PST 2012

Here is some data taken from the ARRL handbook on losses for various
transmission lines at 14 mhz per 100 feet.

RG-58 hard dielectric 1.8 DB
RG-58 foam dielectric 1.5 DB  These two have the same I squared R loss

RG-8 hard dielectric 0.85 DB
RG-8 foam dielectric 0.6 DB  These two have the same I squared R loss

Open wire line air dielectic TV type  less then 0.1 DB

As you can see from above, the dielectric has significant meaning to the
loss.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Dr.
Hays, NC 28635