[TenTec] Yamaha CM500 headset...Orion II

cx7tt at 4email.net cx7tt at 4email.net
Sun Dec 15 13:00:32 EST 2013

 Ok, am confused about CM500. I got one about 3 years ago and there was
no 'battery box'. I simply plugged it into the back of my K3 and it
works great. Has there been a change to what is shipped now?

With the basic headset, w/o battery box, does Heil make an adaptor for
the O II? If not, does YC's suggestion of 5.6 k ohm resistor between
-10v and mic pin still valid?

I have gotten the CM500 to work with the O II by plugging it into the
front panel of a microHam mK II but have to really turn down the gain.

73

Tom

CX7TT