[TenTec] A/B rig testing

Curt rhulett1 at consolidated.net
Fri Feb 1 08:35:10 EST 2013

I'm using an old Omni C as the main station rig, an old Triton IV as backup,
a K2  for QRP.  Bought an Omni VII when it first came out, it was a very
nice radio.  Sold it after two years because was hard to justify having so
much money tied up.  A $350 bill to ship it and repair a low level filter
clinched it's fate, neither the Omni C or Triton cost as much as the repair
bill.

No doubt the more expensive and newerr rigs are justified for those who are
heavy contest operators, but I'm not a good enough operator to need anything
more than the old Omni C provides.

73, Curt KB5JO