[TenTec] Orion 2 Situation

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jul 10 01:27:44 EDT 2013

On 7/9/2013 9:55 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> Most of our BCC guys are still team contesting (and winning) with older
> FT-1000's or TS-850s.

The 850 is a decent radio, reasonably clean. I ran a pair for a while
and liked them. The FT1000 comes with clicks, and must be fixed, but was
an improvement over the 850.  The MP and its family have one audio
processing setting that can be made to sound great (and clean), but all
the other settings sound awful and are dirty. The W8JI website has good
info on fixing the clicks. K6XX and I managed to coexist pretty well
both running MPs, but we were happy to replace them with K3s. Bob later
went to work for Elecraft as an EE.

73, Jim K9YC