[TenTec] Rebel

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Tue Sep 3 18:52:54 EDT 2013

Gee, PC, I do not understand your comment.  Are you down on the idea?
What could be sad about a new product?  Either it sells or it does not,
but I cannot see any down side to this.  Either it suits you, or it does
not.  Either there is a larger market or not.

What I like about it... is the sheer adventure of launching a new
product and taking a new direction.  Bold stuff for a slow economy.
Exciting just seeing something new.

I just had lunch with a couple of hams who are retired programmers.   I
took a copy of the web page selling the Rebel as one of my "show-n-tell"
topics,  the other two guys each brought different arduino projects to
the table.  We swapped notes and discussed possibilities.

So there IS a market for this sort of thing... even though I have no
idea what I would do with it!  Somebody else knows, and hopefully there
are a lot of them out there.

My only negative is the choice of the label, "Rebel" and how closely it
matches the same name of Canon camera ... but the largest camera maker
sells a lot of product with that moniker - so who cares what I think?  ;-)

Happy trails.