[TenTec] Triton IV 540 Questions

wes bolin k5apl41 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 20:10:02 EDT 2014

I just acquired a Triton IV and 252G Power Supply.  I have a couple of
problems with it (1)  Dial does not travel all the way to the left.  It
hangs up/stops but tuning
of PTO continues ok.  Need new string?
(2)  No Calibrator signal....maybe very very weak. Any suspects?   (3)
Slight tendency of PTO to shift 100Hz when taking finger off plastic part
of the knob.
PTO Rebuild Kit needed?
It came with a frequency counter but I don't think it is Ten Tec.  Its all
red LEDs
and no markings whatsoever.  Two parallel 10 ohm resistors on back panel
that
are 5W or so and they do get hot.  It seems to work well.  Does it sound
familiar?

Thanks for letting me ask these questions.  I am just getting back into Ham
Radio after about a 5 year absence. Owned some Ten Tec in the past so I
picked up
this radio and really would like to make it work well.
Wes