[TenTec] OMNI D question

Neil Martinsen-Burrell neilmartinsenburrell at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 23:37:12 EDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 9:44 PM, Al Gulseth <wb5jnc at centurytel.net> wrote:

> "Back when" I had surprisingly good success with cheapie Hi-Z dynamic mics
> designed for 11 meter rigs ;)  Another possibility (which requires building
> an adapter to enable PTT) would be one of the older Radio Shack dynamic PA
> mics which can be set for 50K impedance. I've used both types and always
> received good audio reports.

I wasn't even alive "back when", but I depend on cheap old gear to enable
my radio habit.  I am a particular fan of the Turner brand CB mics and have
successfully used both an SSB+2 desk mic and a model 350 hand mic with my
Omni C.   An eBay search for "Turner CB mic" should turn up some
possibilities.

I'm sure that those who remember "back when" could suggest other good
quality brands and models to look for.

-Neil KD0UKC