[TenTec] (no subject)

Cecil chacuff at cableone.net
Wed May 7 15:57:41 EDT 2014

I've had both...the only time I ran my Yaesu at 200 w out was when I wasn't using the amp...forget and dial it back on the newer amps and it can damage things...

My amps were older and needed 125 or so watts to deliver rated power so no damage done.  I'm running the OII into a Centurion and it sits at about 60 watts.  I have no use for a 200W rig...and I really would rather see the added expense go into making it very clean at 100W.  Should be robust...but doesn't need to output 200W to be robust.

I'm proud TT hasn't followed the Jap radios in many of their designs...and it's why I'm a TT customer.

Cecil
K5DL

Sent from my iPad