[TenTec] RMAs

Wed Sep 3 17:46:53 EDT 2014

Yep and I view  better too.

I've found from past experience with my former company and me being
responsible for service and technical support, one would be amazed as to how
many times we received a product in a box.  No description of why, nothing
about the problem or why it was shipped to us.  Frequently we had to get the
persons name and address from the return address.  The administrative staff
had to contact the person, sometimes taking 2 or 3 days after leaving
messages to get the reason for the return before it could be entered into
the system.  This sure slows down the process as in the mean time, the
product sits there........waiting on the "to be repaired" shelf.

And better yet, before we put in the RMA system, on more than one instance a
service tech would go over the unit, find a fault or two, repair the item
and we'd  ship the unit back.  On more than one occasion, we got a call from
an irate customer saying his unit was not repaired.  Further investigation,
we found the customer didn't know about the two faults that existed and the
service tech didn't find the issue of the original complaint.  Once we put
in the RMA system, the repair success greatly improved, the repair quality
went up and call backs went down.  We were able to handle more repairs with
the same number of service techs and the cost to the customer went down and
the service recovery went up.  In other words, every one won!

Yes, we found customer complaints initially existed because "we changed the
system".  Oh my!

We don't need to be reminded that time is money.  Any time saved is money
saved.

73
Bob, K4TAX