[TenTec] Ten Tec Repairs

alan corin nizac712590 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 06:50:50 EST 2017

    Good luck and god bless. Alan

      From: "rick at dj0ip.de" <Rick at DJ0IP.de>
 To: 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment' <tentec at contesting.com>
 Sent: Sunday, March 5, 2017 5:31 AM
 Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Repairs

Alan,

Actually it is personal although you probably don't realize it.
I find myself in a similar situation to Mike and fully feel for him.
Ham radio companies that don't have a large commercial business to compliment their ham radio business are struggling to even stay alive.

I suggest you open up your own radio store or produce your own radios with your own money and see how you feel when despite lots of positive feedback, some people trash you for not yet having a perfect running operation.

In this forum and some of the others I am a member of, there is a steady stream of feedback from happy owners who have just received their repaired radio back from Ten-Tec.  Supposedly the number is about 80 radios per month - I have no way of verifying that.  But I do see the feedback from happy users.

People blasting Mike and his operation are doing their best, knowingly or unknowingly to convince Mike it's not worth it and this may potentially cause him to shut down the business.

I find it particularly poor taste when someone does this and then won't even sign his name and call sign!

If Mike gives up and closes down, soon lots of hams will be left with an expensive paperweight on their desk - and part of the blame will be due to the ongoing negativity spread by people for whatever reason.

After 9 years in the ham radio (commercial) business and owner of my own tiny brand of radios, I get very annoyed when I see the behavior of some of the people here.

Of course you and everyone else has the right to express their opinion.
But don't complain when some else expresses their opinion about your post, unless they don't sign it with name and call sign.

Do you even have a call sign, Alan?
Are you not proud of it?
Why don't you state it when you post here?

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)