[TenTec] argosy 2

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Thu Sep 17 13:11:49 EDT 2020

Snowy,

Do you have .7 V on the base of the final transistors?

And those are bastard transistors, the tab is the emitter which is ground. Check continuity between the tab (E) and ground. If you don’t have that connection, nothing going to work

Is this the argosy I or II?

The argosy I had a tendency of cooking the pre driver that was a 2n3866 on the main board.

also, check the operation of the qrp/high power switch on the back of the radio. It sounds like someone may have been in it before and who knows about that switch

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/