[TenTec] Ten Tec Argo V repair

Bob, WB2VUF wb2vuf at verizon.net
Tue Jan 26 22:05:33 EST 2021

I suspect that most of the Sevierville employees are gone; retired, laid
off or quit.  Dishtronix appears to be focused on their own products and
Ten Tec government and commercial products.  Also,  Ten Tec was shut
down by Covid restrictions.

I've been able to repair Paragons (mine and a friend's).  A rig like
that can eat up many troubleshooting hours, so to pay someone to fix it
would be cost prohibitive.  The other big  limitation is parts
obsolescence.   If a processor or memory chip goes, the rig is finished,
unless one can find a parts rig.

That's why it's important to have at least one truly vintage rig in the
shack, like my Heath HW-100.  I can still get tubes, generic
transistors, resistors and capacitors.

73,

Bob WB2VUF