[TenTec] Jupiter 538

ROLAND HOWELL snowy.howell at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 25 07:52:54 EST 2023

A further update on the Jupiter, having changed both filters ( FL2 and
3), if you have been following this then you will remember that they had
a white fur on the outside, so i ordered replacements, fitted them
today, now i have whole ( no intermittently) 12Watts of RF when pressing
the tune button, a vast improvement on the intermittent 2.5Watts that i
had previously.

So now to take the PA stage off the radio and investigate the reduced
power problem, when my new mutt is not so demanding and allows me to go
into my shack.

If the RF power fuses (MRF454,s x 2) or the driver trannies ( don't know
what they are at the moment, probably be MRFxxx or something) have died
then more expense.

As always, advice and suggestions always appreciated

Snowy