[TOEC] SAC-plaques from yesterdays.

Jan Hallenberg sm5djz at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 1 03:19:14 EDT 2006

Before we even talk about coming SAC's maybe we can start cleaning up old
laundry, like
awards and plaques. My friend 5R8FU has participated in SAC CW and SSB
during the last 9 years
and as the participation from Africa is not too heavy he has won the
AF-plaque 8 times!
Year 2000   SSA   CW plus SSB
       2001   NRRL  CW plus SSB
       2002   EDR    only SSB
       2003   SRAL  only SSB
       2004   SSA    only CW
       2005   NRRL  only SSB
Of all these plaques he has only received ONE from 2003!! (Issued by SRAL)

If this is the situation is the same for all other plaque-winners I don't
know, but I can
really understand why the serious contesters worldwide prefere something
else these weekends.
I know for sure that there even older plaques still missing here within
Scandinavia.

What can we do about it?
73's de Jan SM5DJZ
QSL-manager 5R8FU