[TOEC] SAC

Sture Löf s at lof.se
Wed Sep 21 12:04:51 PDT 2011

Fantastic results from SM5F Johan the Rookie!

I was up at my small house in the mountains (near Röros in Norway, but on
the swedish side of the border) to do some work and fixing some faulty water
pipes before winter comes. 3 days of hard work and digging into the ground.
To let the muscels rest now and then I went into the ham schack (rebuilt
outdoor dry closet) and did some SAC CW contesting. I guess I was active 3-4
hours and made some 280 QSO:s. The rig was an IC-706 MkIIg, 100W and a 10 m
high aluminium rod vertical at ground level, tied to a small tree. No
computer. Did some sweating paper logging, but now it is time to rewrite
those paper logs at the SAC webbpage. ;-)

SA3A Sture
(also SM3DXV, SA5A, SM5DXV)