[TOEC] SAC CW 2012 RESULTS PUBLIHED

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:06:32 EST 2012

Göran,

As there for some reasons are so few contesters involved in this
discussions, I assume that some of the statements I brought forward was
interepreted by you as support for bad control of operating frequency?

On the contrary I was recommending people to keep safe distance from upper
and lower ends of frequency segments, by having 1 kHz safety margin for CW
and 3 kHz margin for SSB (depending if the LSB or USB mode is used).

Indeed it is very important to keep segments that are described by contest
sponsors as not only preferred but also recommended segments.

My only concern is that easy tangible measurements risk to hide the more
difficult ones. Indeed it is very difficult to confirm power violations in
any of the three power levels QRP, LP and HP. However, we still need to
focus on them and to create ethics among contesters strong enough to keep
within the limites. QRP is sually below 5 Watts, LP usually below 100 W and
HP in Sweden is below 1000 W (in other countries up to 1500 W).

I interpret the silence from leading contesters in Sweden regarding this
issue as quite interesting and actually amazing. We are a small group of
contesters who bring these questions up to debate. The only thing we
receive is spread comments that this is stupid and without importance.

The general silence is also a statement of "shut up", in the same way that
certain hot political questions in Sweden were treated until few years ago,

Is this a Swedish phenomena?

When something is sensitive, let the "weirdos" talk without any public
debate - with hope the question will die and the people get tired from the
issue?

A sign of weakness for the contest community?

73 de SM6LRR, Mats