[TOEC] Contesters Code of Ethics

Johan Karlsson johan at webon.se
Mon Nov 12 01:34:31 EST 2012

Hi Mats

I fully agree with your that the contesting community themselves can make a
difference, and that we should compete in a fair play spirit. When fair play
is not important any more, I will not be a contester. Will never be one of
the "Big Guns" but a small amateur contester doing it for fun, rather than
for winning, but that doesn't make it less important to me that we all try
to follow the rules and  compete in an aura of fair play.

Sorry if my way expressing my support of the ethic rules for contesting made
someone unknown to me annoyed, that wasn't my intention. Of course, my basic
statement is that I support the code and not in particular a specific
American organization. Please excuse me, unknown person, for that part in my
message where I mentioned that I will support the organization and not only
the code.

I'm rather new to contesting and don't have the background to comment on if
ethics and fair play is something that is "a low level issue in contesting".
To me it is important, and it's sad if that is not a general opinion. I have
worked a lot within the ice hockey community, and especially with young
players. One of the main thing we tried to teach them was that fair play is
really important, and on all levels within sports.  Why should
"radiosport/contesting" be any different?

Let's hope I'm not annoying anyone more with my opinion, If I am Please let
me know.  You can reach me at:   se3x (at) webon.se  I do hope that even a
"newbie" is allowed to make his, or hers, voice heard in this forum.

73 / Best regards

SA3BYC / SE3X

Johan