TopBand: Last night - N6TR

Larry Tyree tree@lady.axian.com
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 22:52:06 -0800 (PST)

Actually, make it the last two nights - it appears from the packet
spots that activity and conditions have been fantastic, unless you
are in the western USA.  I have not heard a single peep from Europe
and my local QRN has been zero.

Very frustrating!

However, ZS4TX was in pretty good tonight and also heard ZS6UT and
ZS5LB (working LB).  I don't think Bernie worked Louisana yet, so
if you are there, please try to work him.  0315 to 0340 UTC on
1836 - sometimes up 2 kHz.  This is his second to last state - he
hopes to work KH6 in April.

ZS6UT seeemed to work a couple of stations and then went away.

The new dipole at 95 feet seemed to be working better than the
vertical to the east coast and I even worked one of the ZSs with
it.  It will be nice to have that antenna to switch to when we have
a high angle opening.

Dec 28th was a pretty good night, so it is possible we will get a
shot at Europe again during the CQ 160 contest - hopefully.  We
will be doing a multi-single here, using the club call K7RAT.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com

PS: I asked K9BG how to QSL for his HR3/K9BG operation, and he said
to QSL to him.