Topband: Band plan violations

Dave Henderson nr1dx@tellink.net
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:43:12 +0000

Don et all

Your sentiment about disqualifying people who refuse to honor the band
plans is the correct one. The problem is "proving" that it was Station
W#XYZ and not someone bootlegging his call just to get him disqualified. As
someone who has had his call bootlegged on occasion it is very
disconcerting to sit there and listen to your call being sent and the
station being worked while you do nothing....

Your sentiment about the contest sponsor not taking a clearer and stronger
position about the band plan is also well placed. CQ are you listening?

  I basically did the same thing Tom did and I have a list of over 40 calls
who I heard below 1843 who I refused to work then or later once they moved
up,  Only a hand of full of DX figured it out on the first night which was
disappointing considering all the discussion here on the reflector over the
past 6 months. Thanks to OT2T who finally started listening up.
Unfortunately many of the better ops could not resist calling the DX below
1843, I was so disgusted I didn't even bother to work the contest the
second night.

Dave
NR1DX
PS: I will be glad to provide a copy of my list of stations heard "out of
band plan" to any one who requests it on a private email basis, I will not
post it here on the reflector.