Topband: New X Class Flare and Radio Blackout

Thomas Giella KN4LF kn4lf at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Nov 2 12:28:00 EST 2003

  As of approximately 1710 UTC today we are experiencing a new huge X8+
class solar flare and associated shortwave blackout on the sun light side of
Earth centered on the America's. D layer absorption is impacting as high as
30,000 KC and climbing rapidly. I was listening to the BBC on 21470 kc when
it abruptly disappeared!
  Also a new elevated energetic proton level of >10 MeV (10+o) has begun,
which is a tip of that another geo-effective (Earth Facing) Coronal Mass
Ejection (CME) is on the way and probably renewed geomagnetic storming.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
EL87WX

Yaesu FT-840 Digital Modes Website &  E-List:

KN4LF 160 Meter Amateur Radio Resources & More:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf.htm

KN4LF Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive
Plus Daily HF/MF Radio Propagation Outlook:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm

Florida Space & Atmospheric Weather Institute:
http://www.kn4lf.com/fsawi.htm

---