Topband: Using 1/2" PVC Conduit Vs. the Critters Who Eat Coax

Tom Althoff althoff at verizon.net
Mon Nov 10 09:02:12 EST 2003

One thing we found out from a power company employee... Gray squirrels do
not seem to go for the chewing on insulation.   RED squirrels do and are
considered fair game for a .22 when found near electrical gear.

We don't have any red squirrels..perhaps that's why none of my 100ft of coax
on the ground has been able to go chew-free?