Topband: VK9XG QRT

George Taft w8uvz at voyager.net
Wed Dec 8 08:56:53 EST 2004

 Rx the following from Charlie last nite:

George:

I worked a total of 201 stations on top band.  Don't remember how many
we
did in 1999 but I worked 14 in the States with W4MYA the last contact
stateside this morning.  He was quite loud actually.

The totals include 100 JAs, several HL stations and SE Asia stations
and
about 80 EU stations.  I felt quite good about my totals but it wore me
out
being here every night except a couple and every morning without fail.

All antennas are down and I am just wrapping up disposing of the
radials.  I
have half a mile of aluminum wire to roll up and toss.

Sorry you didn't make it into the log.

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>

Congrats to the 200 in the top band log, including the 14 in the US.
By comparison, we worked just 7 in NA during our trip in 99.  This is a
difficult QTH to NA as we can see.

I will let Charlie give finally accounting/description of things when
he returns.  He sure gave it good go, as they say.

73  George  W8UVZ
--
CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com