Topband: Beverage Noise pickup

Greg Chartrand w7my at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 20:07:30 EST 2004

>Clive:
>The best way to decide if the TX antenna is
"re->transmitting" noise into the RX antenna, just try
>opening and shorting the TX feedline
>while listening to the noise on the RX antenna.

Actually this is not true. A non-shunt fed vertical
(i.e. ungrounded) only needs a few pf to ground to
initiate re-radiation. only one foot of coax connected
to the vertical will cause it to make it mess up other
local RX antennas. A relay opening the vertical
element to any matching components or coax can stop
the re-radiation. I'm not sure how to make it go away
with a shunt fed arrangement.

Greg
W7MY