Topband: Repairing beverage coax lead-in

Jon Zaimes AA1K jz73 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 12 02:28:01 EDT 2004

Don,

Elevating the long feed increases the chances of picking up stray RF on the feedline. Instead, consider running the cable through some small PVC pipe, or old garden hose.

For such repairs to damaged feedline, I have found cheap vinyl electrical tape to be more than adequate.

A good alternative to encasing the feedline in PVC pipe or hose is to scrounge up some hardline. I've never had any problems with rodents chewing that, and it's tough enough that a horse can walk over it without damaging it.

Search the archives too -- there are other remedies that have been discussed on the reflector at length the past few years.

73/Jon AA1K
Felton, Delaware
www.aa1k.us