Topband: 160m QRP

Ian Keyser ian.keyser at btopenworld.com
Sat Feb 12 03:46:49 EST 2005

Short report to those who might be interested

at 3 watts all EU stations give 58 to 599 reports

Valliant try by K7CA between 0630 and 0700 on 10/2 to copy my callsign .... if you see this.... thanks.  Using FT817 and my 7800 got PA fault so could not go QRO to put the poor chap out of his misery and let him know who it was!!

This morning VE3ZI Roger replied to my 3W call immediately so reduced to 1 watt and got report of 339.... then increased to 150 watts for a chat.

Don't usually do QRP by skeds, but perhaps 160 should be an exception.... anyone want 2way qro skeds?

Ian, G3ROO (KG3ROO)