Topband: Support Lines Crossing ABOVE 14KV Lines

Dick and Adele Bingham binghamstehekin at starband.net
Tue Feb 22 18:23:06 EST 2005

Greetings everyone

I have several really tall Fir-trees on the _other_ side of the local PUD
14KV distribution lines
I want to use for supporting one end of a 160M antenna. Do any of you know
of a reasonably
SAFE way to install an antenna system where a support line crosses way above
such lines?

It is not a problem getting everything installed (all I have to do is walk
to the powerhouse and
shut it down for a half-hour!) but what really concerns me is the
possibility of a line snapping
and dropping a _supposedly_ non-conducting rope across the power-lines. What
might have
been non-conducting during installation could be a problem a year or two
later.

Any suggestions other than paying for buried lines across the front of my
property?

73 Dick - w7wkr  CN98pi
Stehekin, WA

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html