Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 39, Issue 1

by way of Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu> topband-bounces at contesting.com
Wed Mar 1 17:28:32 EST 2006

From: <pdala at tee.gr>
Subject: RE: Topband Digest, Vol 39, Issue 1
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006

Hi Javier
I am living in a similar building and my 160M top loaded vertical (10m long)
is at the roof top (terrace) too. The antenna base is 3.5m higher than
terrace, on the top of a steel shelter(5X5X3.5m). My "ground" is an aluminum
foil that covers all the roof (~180 sq m) and the steel railing too. I am
living on the upper floor and there isn't RF (on TV,Hi-Fi,PC, tel etc). I
have a current balun (from coaxial) at feedpoint (after the on the mast
ATU), and a low pass filter(Bencher YA1) at shack. I'm running an 4X811A
amplifier home made (the limit here is 500W).
Of course I'm interesting too for an answer on the safety's question if
anybody knows.

Thanks Panos, SV1GRD