Topband: 8R1EA LAST NIGHT

ah8dx Craig Maxey ah8dx at msn.com
Wed Mar 1 20:19:23 EST 2006

Thanks to all the guys that made it into the log last night on the top band!
153 calls were logged on both cw and ssb. I noticed heavy qsb on both phone
and cw. I even went out to the antenna to make sure it was still up.Heavy
QRN and static crashes constant also. I planned to put up an inverted L but
it just did not work out so I put up an inverted V instead that had a gud
swr in the cw band, even though it still wasn't too bad around 1.845.

Even some EU stations made it. Loudest signal last night was WA4TT on cw
579. Hopefully it will be better tonite. I have been on 1.815 calling cq on
cw but as of yet no takers. Hopefully cdx will get better as the night
continues. Still looking for South Pacific at my sunrise.

Gud Luck to all top banders!

Craig, AH8DX & 8R1EA