Topband: Topband YJ

Clive GM3POI gm3poi2 at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 13 06:27:10 EST 2006

    The picture from here to YJ is a lot different to the situation slightly
farther east as I note that from both SP and OM the angle is 40 plus
degrees. At my northerly location it is at 12 degrees making a QSO on 160
really tough. I heard them once in and out of the noise for about 15 minutes
and starting about 20 minutes before there SR. Signals here on 80 at best
was 549.
    I am noticing that some Expeditions are sending too fast for the
prevailing signal levels NOT the case with other recent expeditions, whilst
we applaud the effort in getting these locations QRV on the low bands please
guys keep in mind that you at best will be very weak with any Auroral path
and it's difficult even  to decipher that you are calling a particular
station.
73 Clive GM3POI