Topband: TopBand Beacons

W2pm at aol.com W2pm at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 11:11:39 EST 2006

I agree with some of the sentiment about needing to be more active in the
1st place, calling CQ more often, etc. , however, I also think there a receiving
 beacon is a good idea.  A/B tests, tests to see relative changes from
antenna adjustments, etc. are hard to do with DX on 160. For that matter routine
QSO'ing where one can spend some time with DX isn't a normal activity so a tool
 which enables one to see some objective information on his signal is a good
thing. 73 Pete W2PM