Topband: out of band ant test stations

Michael Sapp Michael_Sapp_WA3TTS at compuserve.com
Sun Mar 19 15:04:48 EST 2006

Hi Topbanders:  I have several highway information transmitters in the area
that are
reasonably low power but still heary 24/7 in the 1610-1650 range locally,
they easily verify F/B on my EWEs. On 80m I picked up one of those Elecraft
S-meter reference oscillator kits. The ref oscillator
has 1 microvolt and 50 microvolt output levels. Been thinking about
building
another one and substituting a 160m xtal. Output is too low to use as a
separate
test tx beacon but ideal for checking long coax runs with calbrated
attenuators.
Also useful to verify/compare signal levels of an older HF sig generator of
questionable calibration.

                Mike WA3TTS