Topband: TY5MR from W7

Peter Koehler kj7wy at arrl.net
Wed Mar 29 22:29:46 EST 2006

I worked TY5MR on Monday the 27th (local) 0422z with 400w. Great signal
for over a hour. Funny, east coast wall was big, I didn't think I had a
chance, they worked W7RT and several 6's. I could tell they were looking
for western US stations, so I found an open frequency and sent my call.
Only a couple of calls later I got a reply. I don't know who the op was
but must have great low band experience. Nice to see they understood
propagation to this part of the world. Hope the spotlight shines on you!

73's Pete KJ7WY