Topband: bandpass filters

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Dec 6 12:27:57 EST 2007

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 07:30:58 -0500, Paul Kelley N1BUG wrote:

>Would anyone happen to have response curves or data on attenuation
>of either the KD9SV 160m receive bandpass filter or the ICE 403

Here are my measured data for four ICE filters. Used HP generator
and spectrum analyzer. These data are at least 3 years old. All but
one of the BCB filters were hamfest purchases.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/ICE80-40BandPass.png

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/BCBFiltersMeasured.png

I've had variable success with QC from ICE. Both of the VHF filters
I bought from the factory several years ago were significantly out
of alignment. I returned them and they fixed them (or sent me fixed
ones).

I just received a pair of new ICE 419B's (the switchable units).
Haven't had time to measure them yet. A quick SWR check suggests
that one of them is mis-tuned a bit on a couple of bands, while the
other looks fine. I'll post data when I have it.

73,

Jim K9YC