Topband: Note from ST2AR

k8sm at windstream.net k8sm at windstream.net
Wed Feb 10 07:43:18 PST 2010

Hi Scott

Well, I can't even hear the the pileup here, because there are only a few which make it out of the noise. I know there are hundreds calling, unfortuantelly I use TX antenna on RX too so I am more or less deaf!  Putting up a terminated RX loop on the 24/Feb when back from holidays and hope this will imporove the situation. From RX point of view this QTH is a night mare - S9+10 noise 24/7! Basically after I apply all the bells and whistels - NB, ATT, NR and fiddle around with AGC - you need a solid S7 signal to make it trough wich is a challenge to say the least on the path between ST and US.

Hope to work you

73 Robert