Topband: Response to W8JI's comments about using a K2AV foldedcounterpoise at VK6VZ

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Mon Sep 24 20:38:30 EDT 2012

On 2012-09-24, at 7:02 PM, Bob K6UJ wrote:

> Also, I totally agree with your statement "when multiple things are changed in a randomly cluttered environment it is impossible to
> single out a single factor"    I am guilty of making multiple changes to an antenna system and then making assumptions as to
> what caused the change.  My process now is only change one thing at a time, then evaluate and continue on.  :-)

Ah yes, the pursuit of the proverbial "RED X", as espoused by an American quality control guru...!

Don't ask me for his name, as I've forgotten it since I retired---but the ONLY sure-fire way to confirm the existence of the RED X is to be able to turn what you're attempting to "fix" either off, or on, by "activating" or "de-activating" it.

So simple! Removes all of the other "noise" that could be interfering with any true root cause.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ