Topband: Closed for the season or maybe just redecorating..

James Rodenkirch rodenkirch_llc at msn.com
Sun Aug 25 09:28:19 EDT 2013

Bill - I was on this morning, listening for the YW5X station and calling CQ periodically - worked two west coast stns...W7IZ and K7CF (received a 599+ 10 from K7CF and 599 from W7IZ) but didn't hear a peep east of me.  I could JUST make out VK3ZL on 1824 or so but Bob was just above ESP levels here in s/w Utah.

I heard the YW5X station two nights ago (I believe that was their first full day of ops) on 80 but nada last night or this morning on 160 or 80!

I agree there is far more "activity" up in the SSB portion -mostly, in my words, bunches of friends/good-'ol-boys gettin' together.

I'll be on this evening and early tomorrow morning - see if your "scanner" hears me as I'd enjoy adding you to my log, given we've "chatted" here at the top band reflector!

72, Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV