Topband: Spiderbeam mast UV Resistance?

GeorgeWallner aa7jv at atlanticbb.net
Fri Aug 30 11:03:24 EDT 2013

Jim,

The shiny coating on my 18 m bare SpiderPole mast got
grayish, brittle and started chipping after about 8
months. Subsequently, the mast broke. The fiberglass at
the break appeared to be "dusty". Since I have painted the
mast, about 5 years ago, it has held up OK. Location is
Florida with no shortage of sunshine.

George