Topband: Coupla things

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Mon Jan 28 07:57:30 EST 2013

To this end, if my signal (W0ODS) was offensive in any way kindly let me
know (Off-list, please). >>>

I hope everyone attempts to contact a person in private first, and only uses
public means when no private contact info is available or they are creating
an imminent disaster.

It would also be good to keep a list of offending systems. Tubes with
cathode current modulated by filament supply hum are one issue, as is relay
sequencing. A few years ago someone had a fractional watt drive (or some
other low power) surplus amplifier, and it was really nasty.

Some radios are not clean, either. Sometimes it is the basic radio,
sometimes RF from RX antennas getting into the TX pre-driver chain. I, like
many people, have had problems of connection or component failure, and are
completely unaware unless someone mentions something.

The respectful thing, however, is always direct communications unless
something prevents that. That should go without saying.

73 Tom